Re: apt-get update error..

Ishwar Rattan:

> Just saw this:
> W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY A70DAF536070D3A1
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> #
>
> How do I fix this?

You don't need to fix this because it is not strictly an error (even
though it looks like it was one).

I think a better wording for this message would be:

"Warning:

 The integrity of the archive at <http://ftp.us.debian.org> could not be
 verified because its Release file is signed with a key unknown to apt.
 This means that you cannot be sure that this archive has not been
 manipulated by a third party which you do not trust.

 If you insist, you may still install packages from this archive, but
 apt will warn you each time you do this.

 If you do not really understand what all this is about, please read
 <http://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt> or chapter 7.4 of the "Securing
 Debian" manual.

 If you have imported this archive's signing key recently, running
 'apt-get update' again should suffice to make this message go away."

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.