Nothing shown in kcontrol ( control-center )

Hi,

I've an 64-bit Computer where i try to install debian 64-bit.
with the actual releases ( RC1, testing, daily build) with kernel
2.6.16-2.6.17 i don't see any icons inside of Control-center in KDE.
Is this known, did I do something wrong ?

a thing I am wondering also is how to install an smp-kernel because of I have
an Intel Dualcore Processor. During installation I only get offered the
2.6-amd64 or the 2.6.17-2-amd64..

What is with this ?

If sb. could help, I would be very greatful.

greetings
Stephan Augustin

--
ICQ: 171585092