(Urgent, but not debian-specific): Firefox has very strange behaviour

Hi,

I encountered a very strange problem in Firefox today. I use firefox
2.0, Mozilla package (not the repository one).

Firefox, when loading my site (lgrinberg.org) is displaying an old
version of the site. Now, when I say old version, I mean an *old*
version, one that I cannot imagine to exist in Cache (from months
before Firefox 2.0 was out)

I tried creating a second profile, and the problem went away. I then
copied all of my extensions (cp -r [old profile directory]/extensions*
[new profile directory]), and bookmarks (cp -r [old profile
directory]/bookmarks.html [new profile directory]), and hand copied my
configuration (preferences and extension preferences, as well as
toolbars. Each step of the way, I reloaded my site (bypassing cache),
and all was fine. After setting everything up, I tried logging into
Gmail (ticking the box that allows Gmail to keep me logged on), and
BAM!, old version. I tried loading the site in w3m, Opera and even
Firefox 2.0 on another computer, and all seems fine.

What's more is that it appears that the *entire* site is reverted to
the old version (dated 2006-07-31). My site loads a Perl file, which,
when passed a keyword loads pages from files. Loading the file
directly (bypassing the Perl file), still shows the old version.

I would guess that this is an error on the server, but I do not think
so, after the Gmail episode. Also, I am confused why it reverted to
that particular date. My guess is that it may have been a backup, but
who knows?

When loading the main page, the date last revised (displayed at the
bottom) should be today's (2006-11-18). It is displaying (2006-07-31).

Any ideas?

--
Leonid