Re: smooth upgrades

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 07:47:21PM -0500, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> I assume that you mean that upgrades do not break your system. Testing
> is always better at this than Unstable. Etch is a particular example,
> because it will become stable soon.

Upgrades in testing or unstable always risking breaking our system.
Once testing is frozen, this possibility greatly diminishes as the
threshold to introduce new packages into testing is very high.  However,
right after release, testing can become a complete disaster for a month
or so as all the packages that have accumulated in Sid start propogating
into testing.  Unfortunately, propogations do not always come in the
right order.

Regards,

-Roberto

--