Re: how to use lan network for one application and wifi to surf the net

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 11:38:25AM +0200, Jabka Atu wrote:
> hello ...
> i have two types of connections   :
> Lan : 1.5mbps /512kbps
> Wifi  : (for free) 30kps /30kbps
>
> i'd to use both of them one for for havy downloads as for bittorent and
> ftp(azureus , wget , ssh)  and all other by wifi(FF,gaim,.
> how can it be done ?
> Debian testing

I don't know how to designate which app uses which connection.  However,
you could combine the bandwidth whereby a new interface (I think
generally a virtual ppp link) that all apps uses and the kernel balances
the bandwidth.  I think the package you want is eqn.

Doug.