Re: centralized location for contacts

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:12:15PM -0600, Owen Heisler wrote:
> I would like to be able to store all my contacts in a specific location
> in my home directory that would be accessible by Evolution, Icedove, and
> mutt.  Does anyone know of a good way to do this?  I've tried using
> slapd for a LDAP server, but this seems like overkill and has yet to
> work right anyway (I always get errors).
>
> I have set up a Dovecot IMAP server and Postfix to use ~/.Maildir; it
> works well.  Now I can access mail from different mail clients; I'd just
> like to do the same with my contacts.

According to http://www.imap.org/about/whatisIMAP.html

    There is a companion protocol to IMAP, developed at Carnegie Mellon
    University. It is called the "Application Configuration Access
    Protocol", or ACAP, and provides the same location independent
    access to configuration files, address books, bookmark lists, etc,
    that IMAP offers for mailboxes.

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/acap/

I would start there. 'apt-cache search acap' does not return anything
for etch :-(

--
Chris.
======