Re: Cannot fix broken package libc6_2.3.6.ds1-7_amd64.deb

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 07:41:56PM +0100, u.iemma@uniroma3.it wrote:
> I've made a big mistake !
>
> I have launched a full upgrade via package manager on a etch
> amd64 with the testing repository checked.

which package manager?

> The installation stops with this message:
>
> E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.3.6.ds1-7_amd64.deb:
> trying to overwrite `/usr/lib64', which is also in package
> nspluginwrapper

well, I would guess that ndiswrapper is way less important than
libc6. can you purge ndiswrapper and then maybe it will go.

> Now libc6 appears as broken and there is no way to fix it.

you might be able to override the errors and get dpkg to install it
directly from the .deb

Note that I don't use amd64 and have also never broken libc6, so these
are just my ideas on what might work