Re: usb drive errors with automount

Jason Dunsmore wrote:

> On 11/16/06, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>>
>> you can use 'usbmount' for automatic mounting of usb storage devices.
>> However I'm afraid your USB flashdisk is dead...
>
> The USB flashdisk isn't dead.  It works when I mount it manually.
>
> I didn't know about usbmount.  I'll give it a try.

usbmount:
"This package automatically mounts USB mass storage devices (typically USB
pens) when they are plugged in, and unmounts them when they are removed..."

Seems like doing an umount after/during unplug would lead to data loss
if the device had been written to recently.  How do buffers get flushed?