Re: Adding more than one IP Address

On Monday 13 November 2006 01:11, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 12:53:28AM +0530, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > I am sort of stuck up. I need to put more than one IP address due to my
> > strange requirement. I am in a situation where there are multiple
> > gateways, and so I need multiple addresses for the respective gateways.
> >
> > Windows provides an easy way to do this.
> > I was more of a SuSE user, so I am kinda used to YaST pretty much.
> > Is there a way to add multiple IP addresses, for the same Network card in
> > Debian?
>
> Do you need this one network card to make use of multiple gateways, or
> do you need this one network to have traffic arrive to it at multiple IP
> addresses?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Roberto

I need to make use of Multiple Gateways.
Like a specific IP address is associated with a particular gateway. Also, is
there a way to do that temporarily rather than editing the files (which will
hold information until I edit 'em) ?
It would be better if the system forgets the configuration after reboot...
cuz I don't need those IP addresses at all times. :)

--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!