Re: full boot-up messages

On 11/16/06, Mertens Bram <bram-mertens@linux.be> wrote:
On 2006-11-16, fgnievinski@terra.com.br wrote:
> Where are the boot-up messsages logged, please?
>
> dmesg doesn't give me the "Starting... done." messages -- I'd like to
> have exactly what is written on the screen during boot-up time.

You need to activate bootlogd for this: edit the file
/etc/default/bootlogd, change BOOTLOGD_ENABLE to Yes.  After a reboot
you will find these messages in /var/log/boot.

HTH

I found that very helpful - thanks - even though I didn't ask the original question.  Is there anything similar which will give the messages on shutdown?

Patrick