Re: OpenSSL version 0.9.7e ?!

2006/11/15, Nicolas Pillot <nicolas.pillot@gmail.com>:
I though that all the security fixes were included into sarge, am i wrong ?
If someone could give me some details, i'd be quite happy to learn :-)

After some research, it looks like the debian patch, named
[openssl_0.9.7e-3sarge4.diff.gz] has a modification date of
2006-09-30, which is 2 days after the last security fix from
the upstream devs.

So it looks like the 'e' on the package version is only a
misleading info, as the package seems to include all
known security fixes up to 097L.

Now i can stop worrying :-)