Installing on hp tablet laptop from a pen drive

Hi all,

I need your help to install debian on my hp tc4200 tablet laptop.
I have been trying to boot from the usb pen drive but no luck.

Following instructions in  http://d-i.pascal.at/
and using syslinux as loader, kernel boots so that the installation process
starts, but soon it stops because the iso image 'cannot be found'
Yet the iso image is there. By opening a shell, during the installation
process, i can mount the pen and see it, in the pen content listing.

Any help to understand what is wrong in my pen set up?
Would it be possible to launch the iso image from the terminal prompt?

As a last resource, I would try lilo as loader, which i have successfully
been using for a dozen years, now. Would anybody suggest a suitable
configuration for lilo?

Thank you
--
Pol