Re: Debian etch RC1 installation question

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:32:02AM +0200, Debeselis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded RC1 yesterday and tried to do clean installation. I noticed that this install tries to install some packages of
> Selinux by default. My question is - is there any way to disable these packages installations, will selinux be enabled on my machine
> after istall is finished and how can I safely remove selinux support from my machine? Thanks.

Read the instructions: there is SELinux support in the base packages for
those that need that functionality. SELinux is not enabled by default:
you have to make changes manually after reboot to enable it.

The extra overhead to allow for SELinux support in base packages like
login is a few k in disk space: if you don't want to use SELinux after
the first reboot, then don't enable it.

Andy