Re: launcher for terminal ap

Mark Grieveson wrote:
> The  laptop will not be connected to the internet
[...]
> I tried opendict, but I find it's slow on this laptop (I'm using xfce4,
> with neither Gnome nor KDE).  opendict is a large program using python,
> and runs very slowly.  I discovered dict, a terminal application, which
> works quite well.
[...]
> Perhaps a shell script could work, if not a launcher set-up.  Or, if
> there are other light dictionary clients that may work well, feel free
> to suggest them.

Hi Mark. You might be interested in the gmessage package. It's an
xmessage clone using GTK, with no dependency on GNOME. It includes an
example script called gxdict, which acts as quick GUI for dict.
You'll find gxdict under /usr/share/doc/gmessage/examples/

Regards,

Tim
--
trmusson@ihug.co.nz