Redirect http request ONCE without authentication

I've found quite a few relatively complex solutions but I'm looking for something a little simpler. I need a method of redirecting HTTP traffic from a specific subnet to a splash page but, only ONCE. Once the user is redirected, at least initially, they will be given a splash page with an OK button and then they can go about their merry way. Anyone have a simple way of making this happen? What I'm hoping for is an iptables redirect rule that will track which addresses have hit the rule and ignore them from then on.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Craig Russell
WDA, LLC