Re: configuring gmail's SMTP server in kmail

On Monday 13 November 2006 12:46, Jeetu Golani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have gmail running on kmail....have been using it for quite sometime.
> Just checked my config and I have encryption set to SSL and Authentication
> method as Plain. The rest of your config seems alright.
>
> Hope it works out for you :)
>
> Bye for now

Ok Thanks. Turns out that I am doing two things wrong. I am using the wrong
encryption and have typed wrong password. Even I tried SSL authentication, I
got the following error.

> > Sending failed:
> > Your SMTP server does not support PLAIN.
> > Choose a different authentication method.
> > The server responded: "5.7.1 Credentials Rejected 26sm7628218wrl"
> > The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> > problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
> > folder. The following transport protocol was used:
> > smtp.gmail.com

which is kind of misleading when in fact the actual error is a typo in the
password.

thanks for all the help
raju

--