Re: Re: Skype via VNC

Joshua & others,

I'm back at home and can reply to the list with help
of a thunderbird.

jk> What error messages do you get if you open a shell and start Skype
jk> that way (or look in .xsession-errors in your home dir).

Xsession: X session started for peter at Sat Oct 14 15:56:02 PDT 2006
** (xfwm4:4431): WARNING **: The display does not support the XComposite extension.
** (xfwm4:4431): WARNING **: Compositing manager disabled.

jk> The message about the XComposite extension are from xfwm,
jk> not skype, so that's not the problem.

OK, I'll try to fix it for sake of tidyness.

I can start skype from the VNC client here after all.
A message returns as skype starts.

peter@joule:~$ skype &
[1] 4446
peter@joule:~$ Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".

What does the complaint about XInputExtension mean?

Thanks,           ... Peter Easthope