Re: apt-show-versions works not so well with Testing

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:01:20 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

>> I found that apt-show-versions works not so well with Testing -- packages
>> already up to date are still shown as "upgradeable"...
>>
>> Is there any way I can fix it?
>> Else, I hope the tool be enhanced.
>
> Since you're running a mixed system, apt-show-versions is perfectly
> correct in saying that you can upgrade from 0.37 to 0.38.

Actually no. I'm mainly on Testing. The packages borrowed from unstable
can be counted with my fingers from a single hand. :-)

> I don't see anything in the man page about an option similar to
> "apt-get --target-release".

Me neither, that's why I think apt-show-versions does not suite
well with Testing, and need to be enhanced.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/