Re: How to make Firefox to show unicode text?

http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%8D_%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D
> and all the tamil characters are showing up nicely in firefox. I am using
> Debian Etch
>
> $dpkg -l firefox ttf-tamil-fonts

> ii  firefox        1.5.dfsg+1.5.0 lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
> ii  ttf-tamil-font 0.4.7.1        Free TrueType fonts for the Tamil
> language
>
> hth
> raju

Hi Shrini,
I'm also using Debian Etch Firefox2. I went to the ta.wikipedia.org site and
the fonts displayed perfectly. I do not have ttf-tamil-fonts installed so I
don't think they are necessary. Firefox correctly selected the character
encoding Unicode (UTF-8).
Hope this helps,
Jonathan