How to enable/use Hyperthreading?

Hi there, People.

I have a question and haven't been able to get an answer for a week
already.

I bought recently a new computer with a Pentium D processor (which is
supposed to have two cores, if I understand it) and one of the first
things that I did with it was to enable SMP.

Seeing in /proc/cpuinfo that the CPU supports Hyperthreading (the ht
flag is in the supported CPU features of this computer), I compiled a
brand new kernel (2.6.19-rc4 at the time) and answered Yes to the option
of using Symmetrict Multithreading (aka Hyperthreading in Intel-speak).

I posted things that I thought were relevant at
http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/pentium-d/ and it shows two processors,
but I don't actually know if they are two "real" processors (cores) or
two "virtual" processors (1 processor with hyperthreading).

Also, the dmesg put there doesn't mention that the system has
hyperthreading enabled after I booted it with the acpi=ht kernel
option.

I would love to know if anybody could help me with this.

Thanks in advance for any help, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/