Built openvz kernel (2.6.18-3). Now what? (more)

>>Bootup does NOT panic but produces a slew of undefined symbols. Cannot trap
>>these but symbols of form UB_ ....seems most common (there are others).

>>This kernel does not use an initrd so maybe I need to compile in some of the
>>openvz stuff? Which ones?

>Made one with the latest patch from Sid. Still has slew of undefined symbols.
>The most common are ub_sock.... and some related to it, cited in many places.

>This time, it got past all of that (before I stopped it). Then there are
error
>messages from the ext3 journal module: smp ... used with  io_scheduling and a
>lot of hex data, with printk # messages surpressed. This is repeated so I
>stopped it.

>The ub_sock stuff may be from one module that needs be compiled in (I had
>similar problems with alsa till I compiled in the soundcore--I should not
>have needed to do so but ...)

>The journaling stuff may be related to stuff in the .config.

>Any ideas?

The offending module is net/unix.ko (used nohup when making kernel so had the
complete compilation output). This is missing the symbols.

Tried compiling with "cqp" rather then "anticipating" scheduling (saw
something about this somewhere about openvz). Still got the io_scheduling
error messages.