Re: Weird system clock problem...

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 10:08:58AM -0500, Louis-David Perron wrote:

> Since I upgraded this server to the 2.6 kernel branch, I have this,
> weird, and HEAVY system clock problem. This machine was running
> perfectly using a 2.4 kernel. In less than 24 hours, the system clock
> seems to get stuck for a totally unkown reason. I synchronised the
> system clock yesterday morning at 9h10 after a reboot and everything
> went fine until afternoon/night.
[snip]

Just a long shot . . .  I had a similar (although not quite so severe)
problem on a laptop a while back.

It had been running kernel 2.4 and NTP for about a year with no
problems.  On upgrading to 2.6 the clock drifted so much that NTP
refused to sync.

Disabling APM cured the symptoms.

--
David Hart <debian@tonix.org>