Re: Cannot install on SATA hard drive

Hello Kanex!

> I am trying to install Debian on my laptop using Debian DVD. At the insulation
> the software cannot see the hard drive. Could you help me to install on a
> SATA hard drive please? Thanks.
More informations are not bad.

But I believe that you use kernel 2.6 with Sarge. And that cannot find
your SATA drive. Use the 2.4 version and you can install and when finish
you can update to a never kernel version.

Examples for that (searching with google)
Sarge SATA

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43: