Re: acroread

Enrique Morfin escribe:
> Hi!
>
> > i use one of the generic ones like gv or pdfviewer,
> > that do not depend on kde or knome. works fine,
> > easier
> > to use and cleaner than acrobat.
> >
> I used kpdf. Once i tried it, some time ago. It was
> very unusable. Now it rocks.
> Now, does anyone run the acroread or any other i386
> prog in ppc? just for know howto do it. Is wine
> usable? Can i run a win porgram in ppc?

Not in ppc natively, but you will be able to do it in newer Apple
computers with intel processors.

If your ppc is powerful enough you can run Windows or an Intel Linux
as a QEMU guest.

> > also not ashamed to go back and forth with macosx
> > when i need to.
> >
> Yes, but i prefer linux. Too bad there is no
> flashplayer, or other software.

Few things make you learn so much about computing than using Linux on
a non-Intel computer. I learnt and enjoyed a lot running Debian on an
old B&W G3. I think this compensates Flash lackage.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres     "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                  de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus