Re: My audio doesn't work

Alejandro wrote:
Dear people, I have Debian Etch and my audio was OK since a pair of days ago, but now I can't listen to any audio files...the multimedia player (noatun, xmms) starts but there is no sound..I guess it's because of some package upgrading I did last days using "apt-get dist-upgrade"...I'm not sure. Because I'm not an expert, can you help me if I give you my data ??? And sorry if my mail is too long.

Did you run "alsaconf" (run it as superuser) after upgrading? If not, run it and see whether it fixes the problem.

RLH