RE: Why is the debian BitTorrent tracker down ?

From: Peter Colton <debian.user@bissybox.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Why is the debian BitTorrent tracker down ?
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:06:20 +0000

	Hello list,

	On the 07/11/2006 19:34 I was go to torrent in the netinstaller cd but the
BitTornado client I use would not connect to the tracker.  The client
returned the error : 111 connection refused. The .torrent file that I was
used was : debian-31r3-i386-netinst.iso.torrent
I tryed a couple of other .torrent files from the page
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r3/i386/bt-cd/
But still no luck.

So why is the tracker down is it because of DOS attacks ? If so try restarting the tracker every two mins. The reason I give this bit of advise is because I run a tracker myself and a couple of weeks ago the tracker was being crashed
with DOS attacks. The way I sevled this problem was to use a cron job to
start the tracker every two mins. The tracker software is use is :
tracker version: T-0.3.11 (BitTornado)

	Hope the tracker is back up soon.

		Regards

                      peter colton