Re: what's up with all the attitude

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 08:09 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> > ChadDavis wrote:
> >> But what's with all the attitude people flash around here.
> >
> > We're people; people are imperfect.
> >

> Correction: most people seem to be imperfect.
> (Need to be accurate here ;-) )

Actually, "correct" is :
People exist, a limited sampling of the Internet suggests some of them
to be imperfect.

Reminds me of a joke.. A mathematician, a physicist and a statistician
are driving in a car in the country. They pass a pasture of cows, one of
them purple.

The mathematician says "Wow, 1/16 of the cows here are purple."

The statistician says "Cows here have a .06 % chance of being born
purple"

The physicist says "There are cows here, and at least 1/2 of one of them
is purple"

While not inordinately funny, the joke points out .. there's lots of
ways of being correct, but only one that doesn't depend on a limited
perspective :)

Best,
-Tim