Re: Xen 3.0.3 and VLAN

Hi Tim,

the missing comma after the bridge specification in the vif declaration of
the domU cfg's
seemed to have caused the problems I encountered.

Now I'm using the xen network-dummy script
and have succesfully in dom0 put up 3 bridges belonging to different
VLAN's
and can assign these bridges to some domU's
so that their eth0 belongs to that specific VLAN.

So I reached the goal I wanted. Thanks again!

But I wonder if there is a way to enhance it.
Now dom0 uses xenbr94 directly as it's standard interface to the world.

The default xen network-bridge magic does it somehow different:
it renames eth0 to peth0 and creates a new eth0 which is then added to the
xenbr0
- which is then used by dom0 for communication instead of using a xenbr
directly.

I could not figure out yet how to create such a new interface (using
somehow the netloop driver?)
and have the dom0 use that instead. Googling for netloop etc brought no
enlightment..
Do you know how to do that / by what commands? How is xen creating the
similar vifX.Y interfaces ?

Perhaps you can help me with that..

BTW: I'm also using the ocfs2 filesystem with two nodes and playing around
with live migration.
Is there a way to speed up to make the cisco switches in our network learn
faster that a domU IP is now reachable
on another node's mac ? Either via configuration on the switches or in the
nodes bridge configuration?

WR,
Bruno

my /etc/network/interfaces contains: