Re: Epiphany a memory hog

On 11/1/06, Gnu_Raiz <Gnu-Raiz@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
"Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've been running Epiphany-browser on Fluxbox on my minimal 128MB PIII
>system for 6 days non-stop. Virtual memory usage now stands at 220MB
>according to top.

It seems that most Mozilla based browsers like Epiphany, Firefox use lots of
memory.  You might want to see the other threads in this list see what
SeaMonkey can do for you.

Also you might want to see what xorg is eating up, on low memory machines like
that restarting xorg, once a week might be a good thing. Also tweaking your
browsers cache, and history file might be a good suggestion as well.

Xorg started at 50MB and after the week, an innocent 70MB. So I'm not
worried about it. The history thing helped a bit, saving about 20MB.
I'll wait and see after another seven days.