Re: reading MS word files

* Gnu_Raiz <Gnu-Raiz@midsouth.rr.com> [2006 Oct 31 17:32 -0600]:

> I kind of see this as the same type of thing as top posting, no matter how
> many times you tell them, or post links to why its bad they still do it.
> After about five e-mail returns they complain that my e-mails are hard to
> read and want to start another subject.  So they start another subject, and I
> fill in the other e-mail Yeah I know it's mean. I also tell them they can
> trim my e-mails, but do they nope! Then if it's really important and I bottom
> post sometimes they don't even bother to read it, because they think it's a
> duplicate.

If they have the misfortune to use an MUA that fiercely forces its
users to top post *cough*Lotus Notes*cough*, then they will do that
elsewhere and believe it is "proper".

> So yes I think that a user aptitude test would be useful, to teach the basics
> of computer literacy.

Most people learn computer "literacy" by what is acceptable or required
at their workplace.  They then carry this bad instruction over to their
personal lives when they get on the Internet.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"