Re: nvidia problems (Sid dist-upgrade)

El Dilluns 30 Octubre 2006 09:54, Florian Kulzer va escriure:
>  (Your
> old custom-built nvidia package provides "nvidia-kernel-1.0.8774",
> therefore it cannot satisfy the dependency of the new module.) The
> linux-image-* package is installed because the nvidia-kernel-* package
> depends on it.

I remember, thanks!

Few weeks ago I've uninstalled linux-image-2.6.18-1-486 because I don't use
this stock kernel --now have one custom kernel.

Exists some procedure in order to avoid this kernel installation when new
nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source versions come?

> This is why I proposed building the new nvidia kernel module before
> upgrading the nvidia-glx module.

Good idea :)

--
Benjamí