Re: Mounting Music CD's Causes System Freeze

> When you say couldn't read DVDs, do you mean that you couldn't mount a
> data DVD, couldn't watch a movie, or couldn't mount a movie DVD?

Hi Doug,

The answer is "yes" :)  The original drive reacted to movie DVDs and DVD-RWs by buzzing and whirring
for a little while before giving up, sometimes ejecting the disk, but it could read normal CDs and
CDRs just fine.  Now, with the replacement, I can read DVD-RWs and CD-Rs, but not music discs. The icon will
pop up on the desktop with label "Music Disc" (or something close to that), and within 30 seconds the machine will
lock up.  Clicking the icon causes the machine to lock immediately.