Re: How to cut/crop a part of a PDF file

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:02:44 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> What tool can I use to extract some part of a pdf file?
> In kpdf, I can copy a piece of the PDF image and save it, but it's only
> saved as a bitmap, whereas I'd like to keep it in vector form.

pdfcrop can "extract" rectangular areas from of any pdf file. I use the
quotation marks because it does not really extract anything but rather
it hides everything else by using some sort of masking function that is
part of the PDF functionality. This approach means that the cropped PDF
has exactly the same quality as the original, but it also means that the
file stays (roughly) as large as before, no matter how small the cropped
region is. I am not sure if this fits your needs.

pdfcrop is included in both tetex and texlive.

--
Regards,
          Florian