Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

On Friday 27 October 2006 04:12, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe shared this with us all:
>--> Hi,
>--> A year ago, I asked debian-user about favourite applications. The big
>--> winners in that thread were GIMP, Firefox, K3b, gThumb, and
>--> Thunderbird. I would like to start it again, and I would like those
>--> who are get bored by this to please pardon me.
>-->
>--> Here goes my new list (If you don't use certain things, please leave
>--> the brackets blank like I did for audio editor, instead of leaving
>--> them occupied with previous entries; this is to make the counting more
>--> accurate):
>-->
>--> * audio editor [ ]
* audio player [ Totem]
>--> * cd-ripper [  ]
* Desktop Environment [ KDE ]
>--> * DBMS [ ]
* development [ Python, GTK+ ]
* disc burner [ XCDRoast-CD growisofs-DVD ]
* e-mail client [ Kmail ]
* file manager [ Konqueror ]
>--> * finance [  ]
>--> * ftp [ ]
* image editor [Gimp ]
* image viewer [ Kuickshow ]
>--> * instant messenger [ ]
>--> * mathematics [  ]
* misc utilities [ cat, lsof, top, man, eject, pon, poff, su, dict, ls,
startx, whereis, mkdir, dmesg, ] --> * p2p [ ]
* package manager [ synaptic ]
* pdf-reader [ xpdf ]
* spreadsheet [ OpenOffice.org ]
* tag editor [  ]
* terminal emulator [ Konsole ]
* text editor [ Kedit ]
>--> * 3D animation [  ]
* video player [ Totem]
* web browser [ Konqueror - where it can't go Firefox ]
* word-processor [ Lyx ]
>--> * (unreleased) [ ]
* (great honours) [ GCC, GLibC, Linux, Bash, Xorg, Gkrellm ]

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Linux Debian Etch