Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

* cd-ripper [ abcde ]
* Desktop Environment [ none (IceWM as WM) ]
* development [ Python ]
* e-mail client [ mutt ]
* browser [ firefox -- I use it since Phoenix 0.4 days but start to
                       hate it. It's only the large number of useful
                       extensions that keep me using it. Some kind of
                       vendor lock-in, I suppose. ]
* file manager [ thunar ]
* ftp [ lftp -- also does sftp and the like and supports resuming, even
                for sftp. ]
* p2p [ rtorrent -- allows for throttling down-/upload speed! ]
* package manager [ aptitude ]
* tag editor [ ex-falso, easytag -- one of them cannot tag FLAC files,
                                    so I always have to resort to the
                                    other one. ]
* terminal emulator [ xfce4-terminal ]
* text editor [ (g)vim ]
* video player [ totem, mplayer ]
* word-processor [ LaTeX ;-) ]

I specifically recommend thunar and xfce4-terminal, as both of them are
faster than their Gnome counterparts and have a few features I really
like.

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.