Re: HP DL320 G4 and USB problem

Éles Tamás wrote:

> Could I ask You what was that boot parameter that made the installer not to detect USB ? I tried to "install debian-installer/probe/usb=false" but didn't help, installer loaded uhci_hcd again.
> Also, I tried disabling all the iLO and USB parameters in BIOS but didnt help either...

I can't remember, to be honest, but I think it was as you tried.
It's on one of the Debian Installer help screens.

When I installed it, the installer hack only was only there to
get me to the initial language screen (otherwise install would
hang). At that point I switched to the console to rmmod the
module by hand and then switch back to the installer and continue.

FYI, though, the problem with the UHCI module has been fixed in
2.6.17, so if you get yourself a copy of the Etch installer (you
may need to use one of the daily snapshots to get this kernel
version) you should be able to install fine.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd