Re: How many DDs are there?

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:18:26 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> said:

> On 10/21/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:15:46 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
>> <tshepang@gmail.com> said:

> This reference to votes confused me, that DD's are counted by votes.

>> > Is this the only easy automatic way to count them? It obviously
>> > excludes those who chose not to vote. What about those who left
>> > the project?
>>
>> Don't look at the nuimber of people who voted. Look instead to the
>> quorum calculation, where the official number of DD's is used;
>> which is 1000.

> I thought you meant that 1000 is the number that ever voted. Might I
> ask what a quorum calculation is?

        Firstly: look at the URL cited: http://vote.debian.org/, and
 go look at votes held recently. All of them have a Quorum calculation
 section, which has the informatiojn you want.

        Second, if you really want ot  know the details of the quorum
 calculation process, you need to read
 http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

        manoj
--