Re: How many DDs are there?

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:18:26 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> said:

> On 10/21/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:15:46 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
>> <tshepang@gmail.com> said:

> This reference to votes confused me, that DD's are counted by votes.

>> > Is this the only easy automatic way to count them? It obviously
>> > excludes those who chose not to vote. What about those who left
>> > the project?
>> Don't look at the nuimber of people who voted. Look instead to the
>> quorum calculation, where the official number of DD's is used;
>> which is 1000.

> I thought you meant that 1000 is the number that ever voted. Might I
> ask what a quorum calculation is?

        Firstly: look at the URL cited: http://vote.debian.org/, and
 go look at votes held recently. All of them have a Quorum calculation
 section, which has the informatiojn you want.

        Second, if you really want ot  know the details of the quorum
 calculation process, you need to read

"The Computer made me do it."