Re: Wildcard for hidden files

Chris wrote:
Hello,

How can I list all hidden files or directories with ls?

ls .* does not give the desired result. Id like to archive all the hidden files in my home folder.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I've been through the list of posts responding to your question and saw that you did find one that worked.

What I didn't see was a pure wildcard solution, so here's my contribution to answering the question of how many sysadmins does it take....

ls .[!.]*

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I'm not currently a sysadmin, though I do manage my own Linux systems ;)