Re: Badly formed dpkg-status entry.

Hi, Wulfy.

On Oct 16 2006, Wulfy wrote:
> In my cron-monthly e-mail I got this message;
>
> /etc/cron.monthly/vrms:
> vrms: ERROR- Badly formed dpkg-status entry #74!
>             pkg=[sysutils], pkgstatus=[install ok installed], section=[]
> vrms: ERROR- Badly formed dpkg-status entry #1603!
>             pkg=[xjig], pkgstatus=[install ok installed], section=[]

I have not seen this in a while (I'm currently maintaining vrms). One
weird thing is that the section field of your packages are empty (they
should not be, AFAIK).

> What can I do to fix this?

Which distribution are you using? The newer distributions (testing,
unstable) have newer versions of vrms which are slightly more robust
(and have additional features).

Hope this helps in any way, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/