Re: No xterm (or equivalents) immediately accessible in default etch

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 01:12:48AM -0400, Jameson C. Burt wrote:

> We in Linux heavily use the command-line.
> So, I was dismayed when my new Debian etch version displayed a Gnome
> interface WITHOUT ANY XTERM (or GNOME-TERMINAL or KONSOLE)
> and not even any immediate panel options for these terminals.

Why did you install GNOME?  I ignored tasksel and installed icewm/xdm
instead, and xterm was right there.

> THE XTERM (or its equivalent) SHOULD BE IN MY FACE
> THE VERY FIRST TIME I LOGIN,
> requiring at most a single obvious mouse click.

Why are you screaming?

The correct thing to do, I believe, is to file a wishlist bug against
debian-installer.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!