help needed: after recent dist-upgrade, openoffice 2.0.4rc3-1 hangs with FUTEX_WAIT

Hello,

after I dist-upgraded my system a couple of days ago, I noticed that the
new openoffice 2.0.4 hangs on opening files if called from a user whose
home directory is NFS mounted.

I've tried to downgrade openoffice back to 2.0.3-6 and even started an
older kernel (currently I'm running 2.6.16-2-686), but that did not
help. Also removal of .openoffice-org2 and .sversionrc made no difference.

Funny thing is that a user with a local home directory has no problem
opening the same file.

The hanging oowriter process is waiting on an futex(0x813c3e0,
FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

I've just convinced my kids that debian and openoffice are far better
than the windows stuff - hope that doesn't change.

(And yes, I've searched through the mailing lists at
openoffice.debian.net, and unfortunately couldn't find a solution to the
problem).

Kind regards,

Michael

--
Michael Vishchers     | Voice: +49 201 8761849
Frohnhauser Str. 233  | Fax:   +49 201 754213

                                                      Douglas Adams