Re: S3 SuperSavage video card / "XFree86-DRI" missing on display

Hi,

DRI is needed for 3D performance and video output. Not all X drivers support
DRI. And kernel support is also needed.

please post
- your X log, it should be under /var/log/XFree86.0.log (or similar)
- the output of 'lspci'

make sure
- your chipset agp driver is loaded
- your agpgart driver is loaded
you should be able to verify this by using 'lsmod'

btw, in most cases a 2.6er kernel offers more/better support for laptops

--
Florian Reitmeir