Re: Purging an older deskbar-applet

On 20. okt. 2006, at 20.51, Florian Kulzer wrote:

----- Forwarded message from Chris Searle -----

On 20. okt. 2006, at 20.14, Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:21:42 +0200, Chris wrote:

Removing deskbar-applet ...
usage: update-python-modules [-v] [-c] package_directory [...]
      update-python-modules [-v] [-c] package.dirs [...]
      update-python-modules [-v] [-a|-f]

update-python-modules: error: /usr/lib/deskbar-applet is not in the
python-support directory.

The pre-removal script of this packages should be here:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/deskbar-applet.prerm

Maybe you can simply comment out the call to update-python- modules, or
there might be a syntax error in the script that you can fix.

There is no deskbar-applet* file in that dir :(

See lower down.

----- End forwarded message -----

Then I would try to move the file /var/lib/python-support/bytecompiled
out of the way and run the purge command again. (If this does not help
then you can simply move the file back.)

Sorry to say that this didn't help :(

but - I did wonder - if the info file wasn't present - how on earth was the error occurring at prerm? So - I took another look. Yes - the file is there. Comment out the problem lines - and the purge ran just fine.

Now I wonder _where_ I was looking before. I really have no idea - sorry for a misleading reply.

But now - the app is gone :)

(and here's hoping I manage to send the reply to the list this time)

Chris