Debian /etc/apt/sources.list

Hi

I use the command apt-get to keep my system up to date.  The list of repositories I use to get updated

packages is kept in /etc/apt/sources.list.  I already have a particular package installed which I do not want
to update.

How do I get apt-get to ignore updating this package when it is invoked on the command line?
Is it possible to put the package name in the sources.list file etc.  This would be really useful so that if someone
else is managing the system they do not have to be aware that this package should be ignored.

Thanks in Advance

CAUTION: This email message and any attachments transmitted with it contains information that is CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient please notify Aspect Capital Limited ("Aspect") immediately (postmaster@aspectcapital.com) and delete all copies of this email message and any attachments transmitted with it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email message and any attachments transmitted with it is strictly prohibited.
This email message and any attachments transmitted with it cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed or incomplete. Although Aspect routinely screens for viruses, it makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.
For further information about Aspect please see our website at http://www.aspectcapital.com. Aspect is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for investment business.