RE: CUPS and OpenOffice

From: Christian Christmann <plfriko@yahoo.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: CUPS and OpenOffice
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:39:26 +0200

Hi,

in my fresh Sarge installation, OpenOffice 1.1 does not offers
my CUPS printers. The only option in the OpenOffice printer setup
is "Generic Printer".

CUPS is configured and works fine with KDE applications. I've added
the CUPS server hostname in /etc/kde3/kdeprintrc.
Where do I set up the printers for OpenOffice?

Regards,
Chris

Hello, I am new to Debian and I just installed Sarge 3.1 r3. Amongst other things I configured my printer. Open Office 1.1 did see the printer type and queue and printed out fine.

But when I first went to print in Open Office it didn't work. I also didn't see my printer listed in the print dialog box in Open Office. It listed something else. But then I think I clicked on a button in the print dialog box and I couild switch between different printer types and queues.

I then saw my printer that I had configured earlier with the printconf tool ort whatever it was in there and selected it and then the printer worked.

Maybe this can help.

Regards

Michael Fothergill