Wine doesn't create desktop icons

Would anyone know how I might get wine to create icons on my desktop when I install a new program? I need to install a browser plugin only available for Windows that will enable me to learn a bit of music theory. I'd like to be able to install Firefox for Windows and see the icon on my desktop for easy access. (For those interested, the music theory site is: http://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm and in some of its pages, like http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory8.htm, it uses a plugin called Sibelius Scorch to allow viewing and listening to musical scores.)

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque