Keyboard Shortcuts in Gnome

Has anyone got the keyboard shortcut (Applications->Desktop Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts) assigned to "Take a screenshot" or "Take a screenshot of a window" to work for Sarge distribution (latest release with 2.6.8 kernel, gnome 2.8 and keyboard: pc104, us, xfree86)? Default setting has the "Print" key assigned to "Take a screenshot" and <Alt>Print to "Take a screenshot of a window". It appears to be a hot-key problem. The (Actions->Take Screenshot) works and the application "/usr/bin/gnome-panel-screenshot" will capture the entire screen or the active window. Also, I can assign a keyboard shortcut to <Alt>F12 to pop up the Home Folder. However, if instead I re-assign <Alt>F12 to "Take a screenshot" or "Take a screenshot of a window" - nothing! Is this a Gnome or Debian issue? There's a recent Debian bug report (#384475) which addresses this issue; however, there is a claim that the PrtScr button does work. It's not clear in the bug report which distribution (sarge, etch, etc) this report addresses. I have found this problem on two separate Debian (Sarge) systems.

--
Carl