Configure Login Manager

I've just finished installing 3.1r3 from the daily-built images. Later
versions of the installer allows you to disable the root account
during installation, and I think I that I might have found something
that's impacted by disabling the root user: Once GDM has started, and
the login screen is present, clicking the Options button and then
Configure Login Manager prompts: "You must authenticate as root to run
configuration." This isn't possible, of course, because the root user
is disabled.

Does a workaround exist or is this a bug or am I just totally
clueless? If this has been answered previously, I'd appreciate a URL
or whatever. I've searched Google for information as well as the list
archives with no success.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

I'll send a note after the problem has been solved.