Is there an interactive Linux tutorial?

Hi all,

I am looking for an interactive Bash and Vi tutorial that runs in text
mode. There is none in Apt. I looked at the first few Google hits: I
found a Java-based tutorial but it is pretty fake: if you make a
mistake, your command will not be processed. It is a mere simulation of
GNU/Linux. Vim has vimtutor but it is not as interactive as I'd like.

I envision such a tutorial would split the screen, like GNU Screen or
Vim can. It would show instructions in the top half and show a shell in
the bottom. It would watch the commands you type (perhaps by changing
your PATH to use modified versions of the commands) and teach you ls,
cd, mkdir, cp, mv, and such. It would also teach you how to start vi,
go into insert mode, leave insert mode, and quit with :x<Enter>.

Does such a thing exist?

If not: If I were to make up such a thing, GPL it, and package it, and
if it were good, do you think it might get shipped with Debian?
Do you think they might put in a little plug for it for people who
type newbie commands like "help" or the DOS commands "del" or "ren" in
the Bash shell?

Regards,
Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com>

--
The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will
walk carefully.