Re: Petition about the Firefox trademark problem

Michael M. wrote:

I don't think Debian does the same thing with its "Official Use Logo." The logo indicates that the project officially has been approved by Debian, but it doesn't imply any sort of control over the project by Debian.

But how does Debian decide to approve a project? Do I just ask them nicely, and then modify the code to my hearts content? Debian doesn't require a formal code review, but could still revoke their trademark if they don't like the code, or for any other reason.

I could be way off here, though -- are there any actual examples of non-Debian projects that have permission to use the official logo? Excluding selling official installation CDs...

Tyle